Privacy And Cookies Policy
By visiting this website or otherwise interacting with Trafalgar Releasing Limited you agree that you have read this Policy and agree to TRL’s processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Trafalgar Releasing Limited (“TRL” for short) is a company incorporated in England and Wales, under Company Registration Number 07070980 and with its Registered Office located at 11 Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QH.
Types of information TRL collects:
TRL collects two basic types of information personal information and anonymous information, and may use personal information to create a third type of information aggregate information.
Information you provide:
- Registration information you provide when you sign up for mailing lists, including: your name; email address; city, town, county and country, of residence;
- Information you expressly provide when you use this website, or TRL’s applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites;
- User Client ID generated by Cookies which are unique to you;
- Referrer information (e.g. location of link you clicked to reach our page);
- Campaign tag information (e.g. hashtags);
- User Agent information (e.g. browser type);
- Device (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android);
- IP Address;
- Country and City location data (based on IP); and
- User’s click events (i.e. where you point and click on our site).
- Information provided by individuals in the course of business (such as e-mail addresses, financial information from Cinema’s and Sub-Distributors booking content through us); and
- Location information when you visit this website, including location information provided by a mobile device interacting with this site, your IP address, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views, when you open emails TRL sends, or other similar information which TRL is permitted by law to process.
Information received from third parties::
- TRL may also receive information about you from third parties where you have expressly consented to such third party sharing your information with us for specific purposes (e.g. where you have indicated to such third party that you wish to hear more about TRL and its services and/or content) and/or information received pursuant to a contract we may have in respect of a specific piece of content.
How TRL collects your information:
TRL collects the information you provide to us when you request services or information from us, respond to customer surveys, participate in our activities (such as engaging with our social networks, entering our competitions or obtaining content directly from us), participate in other activities related to TRL communications and/or content, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices.
Please be aware that when you provide information to TRL on a third-party site or platform (for example, via social networks or mailing list service providers) the information which you provide may be separately collected by such third-party.
TRL does not control third-party sites or platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Powster) and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
How TRL uses your information:
You agree that TRL may use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to this website, and provide any services or information that you may have requested from us;
- provided that you have opted in to hearing from us, to keep in contact with you about upcoming TRL content and services that TRL believes may be of interest to you;
- where you have provided consent to do so, to share your information with other selected third parties to enable them to contact you on TRL’s behalf;
- to provide Content pursuant to a written contractual agreement between us;
- to optimise or improve TRL’s products, services and operations;
- to improve this website, and ensure that information on it is presented in the most effective and optimal manner;
- to enforce, protect and defend legal rights (including those of third party rights owners in respect of any content distributed by TRL) and to detect, investigate and prevent activities which may violate TRL policies or be illegal;
Further, in accordance with local laws, and choices and controls which may be available to you, TRL may use information collected from you or devices associated with you to:
- send you offers and promotions for its content and services or relevant third-party content or services;
- personalise content and experiences; and provide you with advertising based on your activity on this website and TRL’s social networks and on third-party sites and applications
Cookies are small pieces of information, often in the form of encrypted text files, that are placed on your device when you visit a website which allow the website owner to monitor your use of their site, simplify your user experience and to bring together information which is collected about you.
You have the ability to choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies, by changing your browser settings. However, if you turn cookies off, you will lose access to certain features that may make your user experience more efficient and some services will not function properly.
For information about how to change the way your browser interacts with cookies, please visit the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser or visit http://allaboutcookies.orgfor further general information regarding the way in which cookies work.
The names of the cookies used by this website, and the purpose for which they are used are as follows:
|These cookies collect information, in an anonymous form, about how visitors use this website; such as the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from, and the specific pages which they visited during each session. This information is used to compile reports and improve the site.|
|Google Tag Manager||_dc_gtm_UA-*||
These cookies are used to supplement analytics and ad campaigns via Google DoubleClick.
|These cookies are used to determine whether or not to show the cookie acceptance banner to a user on each visit. This is added on your first visit to this website and used to prevent the banner from showing on each occasion thereafter.|
|Previous Visits||previouslyvistedhomepage||These cookies are used to determine whether or not a user has previously visited the website.|
|Session Identification||ASP.NET_sessionid||These cookies are used to identify each user’s session on TRL’s server, to prevent a user from having to re-approve banners or resubmit information when clicking through from one page to another.|
|Login (Download Centre only)||
These cookies are added when a user signs in to the Download Centre to identify an authenticated user.
These cookies are added when there is a form on the relevant page and used to prevent cross site request forgery.
This website may also contain content and links to third-party websites that also operate cookies. TRL does not control these third-party websites or cookies and this Policy does not apply to them. Please consult the policy of the relevant third party to find out how they collect and use your information.
Sharing your information with other companies:
TRL will not share your information with any third party, save for the following circumstances:
- sharing with TRL’s affiliates and group companies and/or licensors where necessary and in connection with the one or more of the uses listed above;
- where such information is shared with a third party in connection with:
- the sale of a business;
- to protect TRL and/or a third-party rights holder’s rights or property;
- to comply with legal process or other cases if TRL believes in good faith that such disclosure is required by law;
- We may share your information with content owners or rights holders so that they can contact you directly with offers and promotions about their content, products or services;
- where we have a need to share your information with third-party sites or platforms, including social networks and select third parties for the purpose of delivering the services that you have requested from us (e.g. MailChimp and Powster).
These companies are authorised to use your personal data only as necessary to provide the services described above; however please note that once your information has been shared with another company, the information received by such company becomes subject to that company’s own privacy practices.
How your information is stored:
TRL uses appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use.
How long is your information kept for?
Where you have expressly consented to our collection and use of your personal data, TRL will retain the relevant information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as otherwise permitted by law.
However, to ensure that we always have the most up to date consent and accurate data from you, TRL will contact you by e-mail to seek renewed consent at least once during a specified time period depending on the type of Content we are contacting you about and how frequently we are able predict future releases of similar content, as follows:
- if you subscribed to hear more about our Opera, Ballet & Theatre Content (including Musical Theatre), we will contact you every two (2) years;
- If you subscribed to hear more about our Music Performance (i.e. Live Concerts/Gigs) Releases, Motion-Picture or Documentary Films or any other type of Content which we’ve not listed here, we will contact you every five (5) years;
These e-mail communications will ask you to expressly re-subscribe and provide your current details. If you do not respond, we will assume that you no longer wish to hear from us and will remove you from the mailing list until such time as you actively re-subscribe.
Where your information is stored:
TRL’s servers are situated in the European Economic Area (predominately the UK and Ireland) and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
Unless required by any specific law or regulation, we will not share your information outside of the European Economic Area without your explicit consent.
Your rights, controls and choices:
TRL provides you with the ability to exercise certain controls regarding its collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions regarding TRL’s content or services, or content, products or services which TRL believes may be of interest to you;
- You may choose whether TRL shares your information with other companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from any ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
You may exercise your controls and choices by following instructions provided in any communications sent to you or by contacting us via email on email@example.com.
In addition, you have certain rights in respect of the information which TRL holds about you, including:
- the right to ask TRL not to process your personal information for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information TRL holds about you;
- the right to object to processing likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- the right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means; and
- the right, in certain circumstances, to have inaccuracies in your personal information rectified, or to have your information blocked, erased or destroyed.
TRL reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and as may be necessary to new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or other purposes.
In the event that any such changes are material, TRL will notify you, and, where required by applicable law, obtain your consent.